Find an article
- Six Attractions Along the QLine in Detroit
- Flowers from Guatemala for Mom
- The Sound of Music, Kansas-Style
- Expert advice: See a bear, make some noise
- Whiskey, Wine and Wildlife: Already Preparing for 2018
- Winter Wonderland
- Signs for Life in a Chinese Canyon
- A Very Happy New Year, From All of Us at Travel World Central.
- Super Hiking above Wenzhou
- Dancing in the Daylight
- Tai Chi for Me? Surely, You Jest
- Ducking Donald and Hillary
- 2013 – A Train Review
- Highball on the Main!
- Not One Darn Fish! (But I Had a Great Time)
- Where Mucking Is a Competitive Sport
- Montreal, A Beautiful City With So Much To Offer.
- Swim With the Dolphins With Neptune Charlie’s!
- Big Mouse, Little Mouse in Southern California
- Touches of Disney Magic on a Dreary Day
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Blogs
DETROIT, Mich. – The most popular wheels in Detroit today aren’t made of rubber and aren’t attached to shiny automobiles rolling off assembly lines at Motor City plants. They are the steel wheels underneath the carriages of the QLine, the … Continue reading
IN THE FLINT HILLS OF KANSAS – Outside the isolation chamber that is my automobile, I’m not one for sing-alongs – but I changed my tune as a full orchestra pushed the melody of “Home on the Range” across the … Continue reading
GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK — Bill Stiver, a wildlife biologist at Great Smoky Mountains National Park, wants me to do something that goes against every outdoor-loving fiber of my body. If I’m lucky enough to see a black bear, the … Continue reading
Winter storm Helena covered the state of Virginia in a blanket of white on January 7, 2017, and the town of Christiansburg was no exception. That morning, I hiked the 3/4 of a mile from my new home to the … Continue reading
WENCHENG COUNTY, China – The forest resembled Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and the waterfalls could have been in Yosemite, but the signs along the trail were pure China. They told us a bit about where we were, and despite … Continue reading
Travel World Central is looking forward to many years of wonderful and exciting things. From Linda and Willem, here at Travel World Central… along with our fabulous correspondents; Tom, Gavin and Nicki, we wish you all a very happy and … Continue reading
WENZHOU, China – Most Americans who have even heard of this city of 9 million know it as a manufacturing and export city, but it is trying to enhance its leisure visitor credentials and has one attraction of major proportions. … Continue reading
ZHANGYE, China — If you’d told me a month ago that I’d wake up one morning in the middle of China and shoot photos of a plump, matronly woman wearing a white mask, red shoes, red gloves, and a red jacket … Continue reading
The People’s Republic of China shielded me from 95 percent of the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign’s final three weeks. For that, I am grateful to the Chinese. A business trip took me to Wenzhou, a city you’ve probably never heard … Continue reading