Find an article
- Flowers from Guatemala for Mom
- The Sound of Music, Kansas-Style
- Expert advice: See a bear, make some noise
- Whiskey, Wine and Wildlife: Already Preparing for 2018
- Winter Wonderland
- Signs for Life in a Chinese Canyon
- A Very Happy New Year, From All of Us at Travel World Central.
- Super Hiking above Wenzhou
- Dancing in the Daylight
- Tai Chi for Me? Surely, You Jest
- Ducking Donald and Hillary
- 2013 – A Train Review
- Highball on the Main!
- Not One Darn Fish! (But I Had a Great Time)
- Where Mucking Is a Competitive Sport
- Montreal, A Beautiful City With So Much To Offer.
- Swim With the Dolphins With Neptune Charlie’s!
- Big Mouse, Little Mouse in Southern California
- Touches of Disney Magic on a Dreary Day
- A Heavenly Gastronomic Experience: Roy’s Waikoloa.
Category Archives: Blogs
IN THE FLINT HILLS OF KANSAS – Outside the isolation chamber that is my automobile, I’m not one for sing-alongs – but I changed my tune as a full orchestra pushed the melody of “Home on the Range” across the … Continue reading
GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK — Bill Stiver, a wildlife biologist at Great Smoky Mountains National Park, wants me to do something that goes against every outdoor-loving fiber of my body. If I’m lucky enough to see a black bear, the … Continue reading
Winter storm Helena covered the state of Virginia in a blanket of white on January 7, 2017, and the town of Christiansburg was no exception. That morning, I hiked the 3/4 of a mile from my new home to the … Continue reading
WENCHENG COUNTY, China – The forest resembled Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and the waterfalls could have been in Yosemite, but the signs along the trail were pure China. They told us a bit about where we were, and despite … Continue reading
Travel World Central is looking forward to many years of wonderful and exciting things. From Linda and Willem, here at Travel World Central… along with our fabulous correspondents; Tom, Gavin and Nicki, we wish you all a very happy and … Continue reading
WENZHOU, China – Most Americans who have even heard of this city of 9 million know it as a manufacturing and export city, but it is trying to enhance its leisure visitor credentials and has one attraction of major proportions. … Continue reading
ZHANGYE, China — If you’d told me a month ago that I’d wake up one morning in the middle of China and shoot photos of a plump, matronly woman wearing a white mask, red shoes, red gloves, and a red jacket … Continue reading
The People’s Republic of China shielded me from 95 percent of the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign’s final three weeks. For that, I am grateful to the Chinese. A business trip took me to Wenzhou, a city you’ve probably never heard … Continue reading
So, I was going through my archives and came across some pictures I had taken back in 2013, the only time I really took train pics until after I got my current camera. There were only two instances of trains … Continue reading